WHO WE ARE
NEWS AND EVENTS
Southwestern PA Legal Services, Inc. (LEGAL AID) through its Low-Income/English Second Language Taxpayer Clinic can schedule a consultation to discuss your Federal Tax issue and you could get free legal help. Low Income Taxpayer Clinics (LITC) assist low income individuals who have a tax dispute with the IRS and provide education and outreach to individuals who speak English as a second language (ESL).
To schedule a consultation, click the free consultation tab above, call 1-800-846-0871 OR walk in our office at 10 W Cherry Avenue in Washington, PA.
*NOTICE- In general, Southwestern PA Legal Services is not permitted to provide tax return preparation. Although the LITC receives funding from the IRS, the clinic, its employees and volunteers are not affiliated with or endorsed by the IRS or it employees and representation through the LITC will not result in preferential treatment from the IRS and will not affect your taxpayer rights.
- Earned Income Tax Credit Informational Session
Friday, January 29, 2021 — Flyer | Zoom link
- 2021 tax filing season begins Feb. 12; IRS outlines steps to speed refunds during pandemic
Internal Revenue Service – January 15, 2021
- Congress Passes $900 Billion Coronavirus Relief Package
Tax Foundation – December 21, 2020
- Mailing of IRS notices delayed due to ongoing pandemic
Internal Revenue Service – December 14, 2020
- Get Ready for Taxes: What’s new and what to consider when filing in 2021
Internal Revenue Service – December 8, 2020